Below are links to two interesting articles about Shakespeare Plays that were in the New York Times in the last week. Both made me think of our play:
Shakespeare in the Parking Lot: Julius Caesar review
This is a production that is modernized and has cross-gender casting (like ours!). It's also performed in a parking lot in New York City. The picture that goes with the article is cool.
Star Cross'd Songs for Star Cross'd Lovers
This is an article about a new musical version of Romeo and Juliet set to music by Jeff Buckley. The writer of the show describes Jeff Buckley's music like this: "Jeff has an emotional rawness and immediacy when it comes to love and heartache and yearning, and so many of his songs added depth to the feelings and conflict in the play."
I'll post some of his songs later this month so we can see how we feel about they way they match the play.
Keep sharing your favorite lines of text in the post below!
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah, the picture is... INTERESTING.... I guess...
ReplyDeleteAnyway, about the Romeo and Juliet musical thing,
I am really close to Williamstown during the summer (because I am in the Berkshires), so I shall find out if maybe I can bug my parents to take me to SEE IT!! :)