Below is a link that Westly e-mailed me.
(side note: Westly, Sophie and Claire appear to be competing for most frequent blog commenter)
The link is the Shakespearean text of Romeo & Juliet alongside a "plain English" translation. Although i like it because it can be helpful to decipher some of the trickier sections of the play, I wouldn't rely on it too much-- it takes away some of the poetry and beauty in Shakespeare's writing.
No Fear Shakespeare: Romeo & Juliet
Speaking of loving Shakespeare's writing, I love the responses to my Second Discussion Topic, and can't wait to see more.
Ezra
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Also it isn't the same exact play as the one we are doing but it still helps a little!
ReplyDelete"Thank you, thank you, thank you. I should be given the award for most frequent commenter because..."
ReplyDeleteJust kidding! Anyway, the "translation" seems helpful!
I read part of the "translation" and it was funny because Shakespeare is sometimes very complicated and it is old and poetic so it was amusing to read it so... modernized.
ReplyDelete