The second discussion topic for Romeo and Juliet is below this post. I have been loving reading your answers, and can't wait for more to go up!
Also, I promised some interesting posts would go up this month. I can finally tell you (because I finally know) what the musical will be: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
The show is incredibly silly (sometimes even ridiculous) and has a lot of music. There are more singing solos in this show than in any of our other Bigelow shows. Plus we can build a gigantic pyramid on the stage.
I always tell actors not to watch the movie version of a musical before they do the show. Usually I say this because I want us to create our own ideas and vision for the show, rather than be influenced by a movie. In this case, I am begging you not to watch the movie version of Joseph because it's terrible. It might be the worst thing ever done. Seriously: do not watch the movie.
More Romeo & Juliet posts coming soon.
It sounds really fun!
ReplyDeleteAlso... terribly excited about the pyramid!
ReplyDeleteAhem...
Can we CLIMB ON IT? :) I hope so! :)
How big will the pyrimid be? Will it go to the cieling?
ReplyDeleteWill it poke through the roof? Well, I don't think it will go through the roof but that would be cool! Then we could hang a little flag at the top that says "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" and that way everyone around could see that we're doing the show!But I don't think that will happen.
And, I agree with Claire, I hope we can climb the pyrimid too!
And, I promise not watch the movie.
I'm really excited and I've herd good things about this one
ReplyDeleteOOOOOOOOOOGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW THAT SHOW!! I am Back from camp so now I can write stuff. Sorry about the extra G.
ReplyDeleteYa I'm back from camp too so I can post again too. It sounds like fun
ReplyDeleteDear Ezra,
ReplyDeleteHow shocked am I! How can you be serious? The Donny Osmond movie adaptation of "Joseph?" It is one of my favorite movie adaptations of any musical! I am quite shocked! What don't you like about it? I am personally a huge fan of all of the performances, along with the style which is kind of a school assembly and kind of a movie set. I would love to hear more details about your negative opinion.
But I am thrilled to do it! "Joseph" is a show I've wanted to do for awhile!
Sincerely,
Peter